Thursday, May 10, 2007

Not long for here...
We've been in limbo for the last few weeks. I guess the best way to say it is, I've been in limbo for the last few weeks. As you know, we are about to embark on a totally new journey (ministerially, spiritually, geographically, and emotionally).

Three weeks ago, I was sworn in a Captain in the United States Air Force. It was the whole, stand in front of the flag, 15 other military people in the room to witness, right hand in the air, repeat after me, "Do you swear to uphold, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States..."

That "official" ceremony started a ball of change rolling down hill and it is doing nothing but picking up speed. Now, don't hear me complaining. I'm absolutely not. I'm just being descriptive. A week and a half after being sworn in, I received my REAL orders. Here is the skinny:

The Scott Family will be stationed at Little Rock AFB (located just N of Little Rock, in a small community called Jacksonville). We aren't sure about the housing at this point, but in a few weeks we will have a hard address (we hope). I have to go to Maxwell AFB in AL, for 4 weeks for Commissioned Officer Training (which many jokingly call "knife & fork" school). I leave on the 24th of this month (May) and the family will be moving after they finish school a couple of weeks after.

So, that is our life's direction. Our day to day now is filled with slowly packing our stuff and paring down our possessions. If we will on base, the largest dwelling I qualify for as a Captain is 1400 square feet. And 1,400 sq ft, is small considering all the books we have...and I suppose the children too.

We are really getting excited to start - in earnest - this next phase of our lives.
God is good, really good. His blessings overflow.
Peace, Chaplain (Capt) Scott. And yes, you have to salute!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
You've heard it a hundred times and I think you'll hear it a hundred more. The Colony has been blessed to have you in our family. I'm thankful to call you friend and will, somewhat reluctantly, LOAN you to other locations such as the Air Force chooses to send you. Love you buddy. Mark B.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I figure you have at least 1,400 sq. ft. of scrapbook and stamping supplies! :-) Thanks for the update and I'll be eager to hear more!

8:22 AM  
Blogger simplegestures said...

I often think about you and your incredible gifts, and I often think how fortunate the people you will be serving. I hope you and yours find peace, adventure, and meaning in this next season of life. Keep up the blog so we know what's going on.

shalom

carl

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really excited for you guys! This is a great direction God is sending you. Who knows what ministry will be accomplished through this?!

By the way, Brenda talked about how much your sermon last Sunday touched her heart. You will be missed by her and Joyce and Curtis and Linda and so many others just as you are by Sandy and me.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott and Jennifer and Kids,
We are so happy for you and love to read about your news. This sounds great and you will be close to our Melanie and girls. They go to Levy to church and live in Benton. You are getting close to Harding country and that is a good thing too. Love you guys and blessings in your move. Jennifer if you and the kids come for a visit before you move we would love to see you. Marie

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Lane & Sandy!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home