Wednesday, September 06, 2006



Weekend before last my kids decided to sell a few lemonades. My thoughts were, "cool" and "crud." Cool, because it is something every kid should do. I mean, even Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs did it. But I thought, "crud," because it meant that I'd have to set everything up. HOWEVER, I was wrong. They did it all. All I did was encourage. And the great thing is: they made about $7 or $8 bucks; which is very cool...but crud. They made 7-8 dollars! Two things about that bother me. First, their success only feeds their desire to do it again. Second, (and this is really troubling) they make more than I do an hour.

God has blessed us, with great kids.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is time to set up your own lemonaide stand! They sell pink, you sell yellow. A little competition brings in business! :)

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my your kids are getting so big. It was good to see a picture of them and to read some of your writing. Sounds like you are all doing good. We had lunch with Delvin and Nila at "Jakes" Chinese Buffet. Yes, it is Jakes. Pretty good too. It was great to see them and visit and to get caught up on all your news. We love you all and are always happy to hear all the good news that we hear often. Love, Marie

7:28 PM  
Blogger MattHeatherEmma said...

Those three kids are getting huge! They must be eating whatever our daughter is eating. We miss your precious family so much. Matt and I hope to be able to stop by your new church in the future to see what great things are happening there. Blessings to the Scott clan.

In Him.
Matt, Heather and Emma

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home